The World Commons Week 2020 took place from September 30th to October 9th and it was organized by the International Association for the Study of the Commons.
Seven keynote speakers, representing the IASC Regions– Africa, Asia, China, Europe, Latin America, North America and Oceania, presented their work. See here the webinar recordings.
In addition, GeoForAll Labs held a webinar titled ‘Contributions of the GeoForAll labs to UN Sustainable Development Goals’ showing the relevance of their work for the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Introduction and welcome to GeoForAll – Victoria Rautenbach (Chair, GeoForAll)
- Mapping the Accessibility in OpenStreetMap: a comparison of different techniques – Stucchi Lorenzo ,Ludovico Biagi, Maria Antonia Brovelli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Assessing the needs of Women empowerment needs using open data and geospatial skills: Implications for SDGs in Nigeria – Victor N. Sunday, Damilola Olufemi & Uchechi S. Anaduaka (Unique Mappers Network, Nigeria)
- The pedagogical value of GeoForAll Newsletter as a means of teacher training – Nikos Lambrinos (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- GeoForAll contributions for United Nations SDGs – Suchith Anand (GODAN)